Return Ballots by Tuesday, August 6th


Vote Yes for Spokane County Measure 1 is listed in the Progressive Voters Guide below. Welcome to the Fuse Progressive Voters Guide to the 2019 primary election! The Progressive Voters Guide compiles the information you need to make decisions about the races on your ballot based on your values.

Remember to return your ballot by Tuesday, August 6, and share this guide with your friends!

VOTE YES

Vote Yes for Spokane County Measure 1

Spokane County Measure 1 would renew a 0.1 percent sales tax dedicated to public safety and criminal justice for the next 10 years. Revenue from Measure 1 would be limited to funding police, jails, the court system, domestic violence programs, and programs to relieve the overcrowding of jails and the courts.

Measure 1 would allocate 60 percent of the funding to the county and the remaining 40 percent to local cities on a per-capita basis. A third of the funding must be spent on criminal justice and the rest is discretionary. While we have broader concerns about the amount of money devoted to incarceration, this measure would help alleviate overcrowding in local jails. In addition, activists have the ability to provide input about how the discretionary funding is allocated. 

We recommend a yes vote on Spokane County Measure 1.



Washington

Washington

Not in Washington? Click here to choose your customized guide.

You are viewing content from a previous election (August 6th, 2019). You can view information for the current election here.

Get Your Customized Guide

Pick your customized guide based on your city, county, or legislative district below.

Clark County

Clark County Guide

All races in Clark County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Kitsap County

Kitsap County Guide

All races in Kitsap County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Pierce County

Pierce County Guide

All races in Pierce County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Skagit County

Skagit County Guide

All races in Skagit County
Legislative District Guides
If you know your legislative district, pick it below.
Resources

Snohomish County

Snohomish County Guide

All races in Snohomish County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Spokane County

Spokane County Guide

All races in Spokane County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Thurston County

Thurston County Guide

All races in Thurston County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Whatcom County

Whatcom County Guide

All races in Whatcom County
Legislative District Guides
If you know your legislative district, pick it below.
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources

Yakima County

Yakima County Guide

All races in Yakima County
City Guides
If you know your city, pick your local guide below.
Resources