Powered by Courage California
About the Progressive Voters Guide
The Courage California Voter Guide, brought to you by Courage California (formerly Courage Campaign), helps you evaluate candidates and measures from a progressive perspective so you can make decisions at the ballot box you can trust.
We live in California too, and we know how overwhelming a ballot here can be. You want to make sure that you have the information you need to pick the best candidates for your community, and make the right choices on ballot measures. But it can be hard to know where to go for reliable information.
That's where the Courage California Voter Guide comes in. We combine the endorsements of California’s leading progressive organizations with our expert knowledge and research about candidates and ballot measures to give you recommendations on hundreds of races state-wide all in one easy to use site.
Courage California (formerly Courage Campaign) believes that California must be a beacon of progressive, equitable, and truly representative democracy. As the 5th largest economy in the world -- and the United States' largest and most diverse state -- California is uniquely positioned to serve as a model for the country.
We must prove that democracy in the US can still solve the thorniest problems facing our state, our nation, and the world, while also serving ALL of our people -- regardless of race, gender, or economic status. To do so, Californians must have the information and infrastructure they need to hold elected officials accountable when they are not working for the public’s benefit, instead prioritizing corporate lobbyists and campaign contributors.
Courage California, driven by our 1.4 million members, helps our great state reach its potential by calling out institutional corruption and oppression, improving coordination and collaboration between progressive organizations, and demanding that our state and local representatives be both accountable to and reflective of the Californians they seek to serve.
About our Partners
The Progressive Voters Guide is powered by Courage California and includes endorsements from the following partners:
- 18 Million Rising
- ACLU Northern California
- ACLU San Diego and Imperial Counties
- Advancement Project California
- AFSCME 3299
- AFSCME 57
- AFSCME District Council 36
- AFSCME Local 127
- AFSCME Local 830
- AFSCME State Council
- Alliance for a Better Community
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment Action
- Alliance San Diego Mobilization Fund
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California
- Bay Rising
- Black Speculative Arts Movement
- Black Women for Wellness
- Black Women Organized for Political Action
- CA Asian American Pacific Islander Voter Guide
- California Calls
- California Coalition for Clean Water & Reliability
- California Democratic Legislative Women’s Caucus
- California Domestic Worker Coalition
- California Donor Table
- California Immigrant Policy Center
- California Labor Federation
- California Labor Federation AFL-CIO
- California Latino Legislative Caucus
- California Legislative Black Caucus
- California Progressive Alliance
- California Women’s List
- Californians for Safety and Justice
- Close the Gap CA
- Communities for a New California
- Community Action Fund of Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Courageous Resistance of the Desert
- Democratic Socialists of America
- Ella Baker Center
- Emerge California
- Emily's List
- Friends Committee on Legislation of CA
- Fund Her
- Green Lining
- Ground Game LA
- Heart of LA Democratic Club
- IE United
- Inner City Struggle
- LA Voice
- Lift Up Contra Costa
- LIUNA Local 89
- Los Angeles County Democratic Party
- Los Angeles County Young Democrats
- Million Voters Project Action Fund
- National Women’s Political Caucus of California
- New Frontier Democratic Club
- Our Revolution
- Orange County Civic Engagement Table Action
- Orange County Labor Federation
- Orange County League of Conservation Voters
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project
- Power CA Action
- Project ID Action Fund
- Public Adovcates
- Real Justice PAC
- Richmond Progressive Alliance
- SEIU United Healthcare Workers West
- SF Rising Action
- Silicon Valley Rising
- South Bay Young Democrats
- Sunrise Movement
- Teamsters Joint Council 42
- The Working Families Party
- Ultraviolet Action
- UNITE HERE Local 30
- United Food & Commercial Workers Local 324
- United Food & Commercial Workers Union
- Voices for Progress
- Western Center on Law and Poverty
- Bend The Arc: Jewish Action
- Center for Biological Diversity Action Fund
- Council of American-Islamic Relations
- Indivisible CA 39
- Indivisible OC 48
- NARAL Pro-Choice California
- Progressive Democrats of America
- United Domestic Workers
Note that not all groups endorse in all races and ballot measures.
The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE) Action is a grassroots, member-led, statewide community organization working with more than 15,000 members across California. Our membership consists of low-income workers, people of color, and immigrant families fighting for economic, social, and racial justice.
The Working Families Party is a progressive grassroots political organization. We are building a multiracial movement of working people to transform our nation to work for the many, not just the wealthy few.
WFP is made up of individual members across the country, along with our partners in unions, community organizations and social movements. We’re building durable, independent progressive power to win racial, economic, climate and gender justice. We’re a multiracial party that fights for workers over bosses and people over the powerful.
We recruit, train, and support people-powered candidates up and down the ballot and run them to win!
Bend the Arc: Jewish Action is the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on progressive social change in the U.S. We have a significant base of leaders throughout California, with chapters in Los Angeles, the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, San Luis Obispo, and we are growing in other parts of the state. Bend the Arc organizes Jews of all identities to work in partnership with our allies to build an inclusive, multi-racial democracy that lives up to our values of justice and equity for all.
The Center for Biological Diversity Action Fund believes that protecting the environment is a bedrock American value that should rise above partisan politics. We seek to strengthen our core environmental laws, support lawmakers from all political parties that believe in a healthier environment, and to hold accountable any politician regardless of party who does not.
Indivisible CA 39's mission is to engage, educate, and organize a diverse, committed community of District 39 constituents, to resist Trump’s agenda by focusing on local and congressional advocacy, and embracing progressive values. Our group joins others all around the county, state, and country, to take back our country from those motivated by hatred, greed, and power, and make us truly an America for all.
Indivisble OC 48 envisions a future with educated and empowered members who are actively driving a movement of daily civic engagement beyond presidential politics. CA-48 residents are able to continue the work and maintain gains from our past successes to hold their elected officials accountable to advance our core values, while ensuring that CA-48’s residents are free from discrimination and are able to thrive to the fullest of their abilities.
NARAL Pro-Choice California is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all. For more than 50 years, NARAL has worked to guarantee that every woman has the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. Since 1969, NARAL has made history, grown to over 2.5 million members, and met the moments that have defined this fight with action, power and freedom. In recognition of its work defending our constitutional right to choose, Fortune Magazine described NARAL as one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.